Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Legacies Reborn!
WE ARE OPEN
~1000 Members and Counting~

Fighting Styles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yamida

Fighting Styles K22nFUP
Yamida

Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Styles   Fighting Styles Empty14th February 2018, 10:48 am

All right guys and girls,

I know some of you are a bit puzzled with the site opening delay but I assure you that we are really close to opening. We have one more major thing to look at before finishing with the revamp of systems.

In order to get more "brains" on the case, regular members are welcome to offer their two cents on the matter.

The major thing I'm talking about is the fighting styles. For now there are two "schools of thought". One advocates the old system as is (with some minor changes), while the other suggests a big change in terms of tiers. If we were to accept the new system it would look something like this:

Instead of 3 tiers (Basic, Adept, Mastery) we would have 4 (Basic, Adept, Advanced, Mastery). Without any points invested in a fighting style the character would be limited to only D ranked techniques, with Basic to C ranked, etc. So only with Mastery in a fighting style  you would be able to learn S+ ranked techniques. This is to promote more thought when it comes to character building and making the system less forgiving (you wouldn't be able to get something for nothing).

Please share your ides and opinions. You are free to offer ideas that differentiate from the two mentioned above.

Thanks!

P.S. Please keep in mind that even if the majority of people here agree on something, it is no guarantee that the staff will choose to go in that direction.

Back to top Go down
Nisshoku

Fighting Styles K22nFUP
Nisshoku

Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Styles   Fighting Styles Empty15th February 2018, 4:13 am

So technically it would be a 5 tier system making Beginner D rank, Basic C rank and so on. This will work for all specializations meaning Ninjutsu/ Taijutsu/ Genjutsu alike
Back to top Go down
Yamida

Fighting Styles K22nFUP
Yamida

Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Styles   Fighting Styles Empty15th February 2018, 7:41 am

Nisshoku wrote:
So technically it would be a 5 tier system making Beginner D rank, Basic C rank and so on. This will work for all specializations meaning Ninjutsu/ Taijutsu/ Genjutsu alike

Yesh
Back to top Go down
Midas

Fighting Styles Mn0V2lp

Unranked

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 0

Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Styles   Fighting Styles Empty16th February 2018, 2:37 am

Offering more tiers would allow for more rounded characters with more mid-tier specializations
Back to top Go down
Nisshoku

Fighting Styles K22nFUP
Nisshoku

Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Styles   Fighting Styles Empty16th February 2018, 6:58 am

I was also thinking about a sub-tier system something to make people feel that they are actually progressing as they play. What I mean by a sub-tier system would be if someone is a Beginner = D rank for Ninjutsu and they train that specializes they can raise it up to D+ this allows the user to use one C rank technique until he reaches Basics and the same would be for the rest of the ranks.

Beginner = D Rank only able to use E/D rank tech.
    Beginner = D Rank+ only able to use E-D rank tech and one C rank tech.

Basic = C rank only able to use E/D/C  rank tech.
    Basic = C rank+ only able to use E/D/C rank tech and one B rank tech.

Adept = B rank only able to use E/D/C/B rank tech.
    Adept = B rank+ only able to use E/D/C/B rank tech and one A rank tech.

Advanced = A rank only able to use E/D/C/B/A rank tech.
    Advanced = A rank+ only able to use E/D/C/B/A rank tech and one S rank tech.

Mastery = S Rank only able to use E/D/C/B/A/S Rank tech.

Reason why S Rank doesn't get a (+) is because there's no more ranks above that an SS rank Techs are going to be limited as of what I heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fighting Styles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Styles   Fighting Styles Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighting Styles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Social Board :: General Discussion-
Jump to: