Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Legacies Reborn!
WE ARE OPEN
~1000 Members and Counting~

Questioning Staff Decisions

Go down 
+7
Yoake
Souji
@ Sinna Stark
Nike the Magnus
ODa
O.G. Bastian
Yamida
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Yamida

Questioning Staff Decisions K22nFUP
Yamida

Questioning Staff Decisions Empty
PostSubject: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty8th January 2018, 2:23 pm

First there were person A and person B. Both are non-staff members. Person A decides to create an A rank jutsu that eventually gets denied by an admin because it offers too much utility. Person B creates a different A rank jutsu two months later, it gets accepted. Person A is nonchalantly skimming over created jutsus fishing for ideas. He notices Person B's jutsu and makes a remark about how his jutsu got denied while the one he is looking at right now offers the same amount of utility as his. That hardly seems fair. Person A approaches an admin who checked both jutsus but to no result. Nothing else he could do.

How about we fix this? How about there is a board where members are allowed to call out unfair staff decisions? You see a jutsu that shouldn't have been accepted, call it out. You see a topic getting voided and you feel it was only done so to save the skin of someone, call it out. Staffers wouldn't be required to reply to every instance since it would increase the workload drastically and we don't want that (^^). However, everything there would be read by someone and changes would be made if the argument is sound. Of course, this wouldn't completely erradicate the problem but I see as if it would be a step in the right direction.

Posting in such area would be a privilege, one that everyone starts off with. Due to the abusable nature of such a system that privilege could be easily lost.

What you think? I feel as if such a gesture would show respect from staff towards its members, which most of the undoubtedly deserve.
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

Questioning Staff Decisions DI8azlR

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty8th January 2018, 3:16 pm

Im all for a IC/OOC Dispute area
Back to top Go down
Midas

Questioning Staff Decisions Mn0V2lp

Unranked

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 0

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty10th January 2018, 1:09 pm

I think it would be a good idea to allow appeals to other staff members. It seems like before it was always a chain of command struggle. If a mod denied a jutsu, people would just go to an admin that liked them and get the ruling overturned. People also get super offended when someone else calls out a technique for being too powerful. Its understandable for people to be sensitive about their creations, but it always seemed to get out of hand.

I like the idea of a board for this kind of thing. And I don't think all staff should be on the board, but maybe a select group of people who have been shown to have good taste in what is and what isn't balanced for the site. They could cast a vote on it.

The best way to destroy a good site is to make in unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
ODa

Questioning Staff Decisions 8wKG0sB
ODa

Ninja Info Card

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty10th January 2018, 4:31 pm

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Nike the Magnus

Questioning Staff Decisions YiM50Vl
Nike the Magnus

D Rank

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 55000

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty13th January 2018, 10:37 pm

A Dispute area... sure, created, in OOC Area
Back to top Go down
@ Sinna Stark

@ Sinna Stark

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty14th January 2018, 8:46 pm

Nah, no dispute area, if people see something they're more likely to do it. If shit gets that far than we deal with it in the topic or PM's but we shouldn't go catering peoples need to argue senseless shit as we did in the past.
Back to top Go down
Souji

Questioning Staff Decisions LZy5BBF
Souji

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 2,190,000

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty14th January 2018, 9:24 pm

I, also, agree with Thunderous Wizard. A select few of unbias members to make a final decision when called for.
Back to top Go down
@ Sinna Stark

@ Sinna Stark

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty14th January 2018, 9:59 pm

Souji wrote:
I, also, agree with Thunderous Wizard. A select few of unbias members to make a final decision when called for.

Aye so should I start getting my Naruto site open for the summer, since yall don't plan on staying open that long.

If people are bias in their decisions towards members or how we conduct things here they shouldn't be staff. Simply put you should assign the battle competent rpers towards that area for the needed situations. There shouldn't be a board of "unbiased" because all of you who can view this topic should be apart of that category.
Back to top Go down
Souji

Souji

Ninja Info Card
Ryo: 2,190,000

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty14th January 2018, 10:24 pm

I believe it was brought up because as stated before, some mods and admin can be bias and show favoritism. This select group will be called into play, in hope, only when the mod or admin decision seems shifted through any other means other than logic.
Back to top Go down
Nike the Magnus

Nike the Magnus

D Rank

Ninja Info Card

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty15th January 2018, 10:13 am

We have an IC/OOC dispute area, lets see if it works to bring attention to area's members feel staff are biased in.

We all have biased though, staff are not robots, we all see things differently, just like members do. I recall one time there was a vote when a "legendary" combat rper got hit, to overrule such a decision, based just on the fact that such a person could never make a mistake, never miss something, and it was solely staff biased that caused this person to get hit. A mark on his/her honor. No one mentioned the combat, just that this person could never make a mistake.
Back to top Go down
@ Sinna Stark

@ Sinna Stark

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty15th January 2018, 2:36 pm

Besides the odd interject of the legendary rper thing, who shall be on said "committee"?
Back to top Go down
O.G. Bastian

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty27th January 2018, 5:46 am

We should vote on who is on the committee among those that volunteer. Though cautiously as not all volunteers are the wise choice.
Back to top Go down
@ Sinna Stark

@ Sinna Stark

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty27th January 2018, 2:28 pm

I'd feel more comfortable if staff handled decisions like that.
Back to top Go down
Yoake

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty27th January 2018, 4:26 pm

Yamida I had an idea like that once I like it but I doubt I will return to this place so pay me no mind.
Back to top Go down
Naru Hyuuga

Naru Hyuuga

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty27th January 2018, 5:29 pm

Chinou
Naru
Shunshuu
Yasuo
NAR"UTO

Can't find any better individuals than those 5
Back to top Go down
ODa

ODa

Ninja Info Card

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty27th January 2018, 7:14 pm

O.o
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty27th January 2018, 11:38 pm

Naru Hyuuga wrote:
Chinou
Naru
Shunshuu
Yasuo
NAR"UTO

This looks like the kind of group that gets killed all at once by a fresh genin murderhobo looking to get his jollies

Questioning Staff Decisions 74f7bceb914195c122373b7cc5c1d04d
Back to top Go down
Naru Hyuuga

Naru Hyuuga

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty28th January 2018, 2:28 am

Gambit wrote:
Naru Hyuuga wrote:
Chinou
Naru
Shunshuu
Yasuo
NAR"UTO

This looks like the kind of group that gets killed all at once by a fresh genin murderhobo looking to get his jollies

Questioning Staff Decisions 74f7bceb914195c122373b7cc5c1d04d

Fascinating. Find the nearest trash can and dump that stench of an opinion in it.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty28th January 2018, 3:08 am

You cant drop a stench scratch
Back to top Go down
@ Sinna Stark

@ Sinna Stark

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty28th January 2018, 4:38 pm

Ehhhh, i'd like to add myself and Gambit to the list. No offense but decision making on the original LR was why this place sunk,
Back to top Go down
Nike the Magnus

Nike the Magnus

D Rank

Ninja Info Card

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty28th January 2018, 6:23 pm

I am fine with such selections.
Back to top Go down
Sh1nsui

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty12th February 2018, 4:58 pm

I agree, Sinna and Gambit on overruling committee, however I do think there should be a limit. balancing the balancing act and all that. Lets say, 2 admins can overrule the committee's overrule, or 1 mod and 2 admins?
Back to top Go down
Midas

Questioning Staff Decisions Mn0V2lp

Unranked

Ninja Info Card

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty15th February 2018, 10:26 am

I think that maybe we shouldn't make this until we reopen the site.

Firstly, if we have a committee that can reopen threads to staff evaluation, we need to determine exactly how much power they have. Do they have the ability to issue nerfs/buffs or are they solely responsible for finding the bullshit, pointing it out and expecting staff to realize what's wrong with it.

Also, if you're interested in using members instead of staff, it would be an interesting form of checks and balance, but 5 people to make singular decisions is too much. I'd make it 2-3 people max so discussions are more simple and take significantly less time. My suggestion would be to have 2 people who actually seek out the information, determine what's unbalanced and then send that to a final, third person, who can contact a staff member who could then make staff decisions such as asking for a review. At the least, this third person should be a veteran rp'er with good knowledge of the site's brand of balance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questioning Staff Decisions   Questioning Staff Decisions Empty

Back to top Go down

Questioning Staff Decisions
Page 1 of 1